A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website, which enables the website to tailor its offerings to your preferences when you visit it.
Retaining your data
In most circumstances your data will not be retained for more than 6 years from the last point at which we provided any services or otherwise engaged with you and it is our policy to only store your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests. However, we may retain data for longer than a 6 year period where we have a legal or contractual obligation to do so, or we form the view that there is otherwise a continued basis to do so, for example where your personal information identifies specialist skill sets which may remain in demand, or we are subject to a legal obligation which applies for a longer period.
If however you believe that we should delete your personal data at an earlier date, please inform us in writing of your reasons. Please see Section 4 ‘Your Rights’ below.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is regularly reviewed and may be updated from time to time to reflect changes in our business, or legal or commercial practice. Where an update is relevant to our processing of your data, we shall notify you of the same.
Section 4: Your rights
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and it is important that you know your rights within that context, which include rights to:
• Request a copy of the personal data that we hold
• Object to our processing of your data where that processing is based upon legitimate interest and there are no compelling grounds for the continued processing of that data • Request that we restrict processing of your data in certain circumstances
• Request that data is erased where the continued use of that data cannot be justified
• Object to any decision, which significantly affects you, being taken solely by a computer or via another automated process
• Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legitimate interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so. Our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations
• Request that inaccurate or incomplete data is rectified
• Request that data provided directly by you and processed by automated means is transferred to you or another controller; this right only being applicable where our processing of your data is based either on your consent or in performance of a contract
• Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office Request that direct marketing by us to you is stopped
Please note that should you exercise your right to request that we erase data or cease any processing activity, we may retain a record of this request and the action taken in order to both evidence our compliance, and to take steps to minimise the prospect of any data being processed in the future should it be received again from a third party source.
If you have any questions concerning your rights or should you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact Elliot Wald on 020 7734 7444 or through our Contact Page